After the death of Dr. Haden Edwards McKay, Jr. in 1996, Mrs. McKay graciously deeded the McKay Clinic to the Humble Museum as a memorial to her husband and his father, Dr. Haden Edwards McKay, Sr. In 1998 the City of Humble Preservation Committee recognized the building with a historical marker.
This room was used as a delivery room and for minor surgeries, such as tonsillectomies and circumcisions. Deliveries were done here for about two years. The mothers stayed in the Clinic overnight and meals were delivered to them from the Matthews Boarding House situated across the street. The large glass-enclosed cabinet on the right holds a wide range of instruments, many of which were Dr. McKay Sr.'s in 1893.
One of the items on display in the Clinic is a 1938 EKG machine which was used for many years by both Drs. McKay.